Building a home takes a lot of time, effort, and money. It can test even the strongest of relationships. In order to help make the process easier we have this article for that lays out all the steps. Hopefully with this article it makes it go smoother!
Do you want to build your “dream home” but don’t know where to start? House Plan Gallery can help! Our Mississippi house plans are consistently rated as being some of the best in the industry, for a reason 🙂 Call us today at 601-264-5028 to speak with our expert home design consultants!
From the article:
Building your dream home can be one of the most exciting and rewarding projects you can undertake. Getting the opportunity to plan out each step of the process and make the decisions about your building project is a big responsibility, and can be overwhelming for even the most experienced do-it-yourselfers. Taking the scope of the project into account before you get started can help make the process go a lot more smoothly. Learn the proper ways to find the right location, design your home, acquire the correct permits, and start breaking ground. See Step 1 to learn how to get started building your own house.
Part 1 of 7: Finding a Location
1. Select a desirable place for your house. There are many factors to consider when finding a suitable location on which to build your home. Think about a place you’d like to live long-term and keep in mind things like:
- Climate. Special considerations must be made for building in flood, hurricane, intense heat, frigid cold, and other extreme weather and climatic conditions.
- Ground stability. Houses built on shifting sand, mucky soil, or other unstable earth will likely fail over a short period of time unless they are built on special foundations or pilings.
- Availability of utilities. If you intend to have electric power, potable water, telephone, and other conveniences, make sure these utility providers offer them at your location.
- Community infrastructure. If you plan to raise children or have kids, make sure good quality schools are available. Check to see if you are in a police jurisdiction to protect you from crime, look at the distance you will have to travel to acquire basic commodities, and whether medical help is nearby.
Looking for mistakes to avoid when building your new home? Then checkout this article about mistakes to avoid when building that could be of interest to you.
Read about all the steps here: http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-House