When it comes to saving money it can be hard. When it comes to things like energy used in your home, something you have to have, it can be difficult to know how to save money. We found this article for you with 100 ways to save energy. We hope it helps you save money in your home!
Do you want to build your “dream home” but don’t know where to start? House Plan Gallery can help! Our Mississippi house plans are consistently rated as being some of the best in the industry, for a reason 🙂 Call us today at 601-264-5028 to speak with our expert home design consultants!
From the article:
- Switch your ceiling fan to turn in a counter-clockwise direction In the summer; in the winter, run it at low speed, but clockwise.
- Close your exterior doors and windows tightly when the AC is on. Save even more by turning off kitchen and bath exhaust fans.
- Change or clean your AC’s air filters at least once a month to keep your system running at peak performance.
- Make sure your AC has a rating – or Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) – of 15. Not only will your AC be more efficient, you could also be eligible for a rebate up to $300.
- Always wash with cold water, laundry detergent works just as well, and you’ll save 40 cents per load.
- Check your hot water pipes for leaks, which can drain your energy savings.
- Install aerating, low-flow faucets and showerheads – available at home improvement stores – to reduce your hot water use.
- Turn off your water heater until if you plan on leaving home for a few days. And you get back. Most models will reheat the water to the set temperature in about an hour
- Reduce the strain on your AC by applying reflective coating. This will help you save by decreasing the amount of heat coming into your home.
- Keep your roof lasting longer. Reflective roofs not only reduce heat buildup, they also prevent the expansion and contraction that degrade roofs.
- Replace the roof with one with an ENERGY STAR® label. It will save energy and help protect the environment through superior energy-efficiency.
Looking for ways to save money? Then checkout this article with ways to save money that could be of interest to you.
Checkout all the ways here: https://www.progress-energy.com/carolinas/home/save-energy-money/energy-saving-tips-calculators/100-tips.page?