Hanging pictures can really make a house a home. It also can be extremely difficult depending upon what type of material you are wanting to hang your picture on. In order to help you out we found this article with helpful step-by-step directions on how to hang pictures on a variety of surfaces. We hope it helps!
Do you want to build your “dream home” but don’t know where to start? House Plan Gallery can help! Our home plans online are consistently rated as being some of the best in the industry, for a reason 🙂 Call us today at 601-264-5028 to speak with our expert home design consultants!
From the article:
Whether you’ve got plaster, brick, drywall, concrete, stucco or tile, this guide will help you hang anything and (nearly) everything on your walls hassle free.
Supplies: Brick Spring Clip, Measuring Tape, and Screw Driver
1. Measure size of the wall prior to purchasing a spring clip to determine the size you will need.
2. Place the bottom of the clip at the base of the brick.
3. Push clip against top of brick until it locks in.
4. Hang picture and ensure it will hold weight prior to letting go of the frame.
Supplies: Cooling Oil, Anchor, Screw, Hammer, Painter’s Tape, Carbide or Diamond Tip Drill Bit, and Power Drill
1. Measure and plot point on wall using painter’s tape.
2. Attach chosen drill bit and soak in cooling oil for approximately 5-10 seconds.
3. Start slowly drilling into painter’s tape on tile. Slowly apply light pressure and increase speed until you complete drilling the desired hole length.
4. Hammer in the anchor and drill in screw. Hang picture
Have a large blank wall and not sure what to do with it? Then checkout this article about blank wall ideas that could be of interest to you.
Read the entire article here: http://www.sheknows.com/home-and-gardening/articles/1054127/how-to-hang-things-on-any-wall